Social Marketing-Related Conferences and Workshops
- UK Social Marketing Conference: November 8, 2011. At this year’s event the conference will be exploring and sharing innovations in social marketing practice, technology and theory. The theme of the event is how to integrate marketing with other key policy and implementation methodologies to deliver solutions to current social challenges.
- Digital Health Communication Extravaganza: February 15-17. Information and communication technology is revolutionizing how health information is created, shared, accessed, and applied. We invite you to explore the exciting potential of these revolutionary technologies at the Digital Health Communication Extravaganza (DHCX) from February 15-17, 2012 in Orlando, Florida at the luxurious Peabody Orlando Hotel.
- Social Marketing Advances in Research and Theory (SMART) Conference: April 26-28, 2012. The Center for Socially Responsible Marketing at the University of Lethbridge will be hosting their third “Social Marketing Advances in Research and Theory” (SMART) conference. The conference will provide a forum for presenting and discussing high quality theoretical and empirical social marketing and non-profit research, as well as an opportunity to network with other scholars working in these areas. Original manuscripts and special topic sessions are sought for presentation at the conference. In an effort to accommodate all high quality manuscripts, there is no specific social marketing theme. In addition to social marketing manuscripts, nonprofit and corporate social responsibility manuscripts are also welcome. All manuscripts will be blind peer reviewed. Submission deadline is December 10th, 2011. Submit all documents electronically to [email protected].
- Social Marketing in Public Health: June 13-16, 2012. Social Marketing in Public Health offers a combination of plenary presentations by internationally recognized social marketing experts on topics of interest to learners at all levels. These sessions are balanced between introductory and more advanced audiences. The specific topics and speakers are selected to elaborate on key elements of the social marketing approach and to illustrate how social marketing can be applied to a wide variety of public health topics.
Professional Development & Educational Opportunities
- Social Marketing University is a two day training for developing social marketing strategies and implementation skills
- Cullbridge Marketing and Communications provides social marketing workshops and presentations based on the Tools of Change, cbsm.com and Turning Point/CDCynergy materials
- Turning Point’s planning tool “CDCynergy-Social Marketing Edition” provides users with step-by-step guidance for developing and documenting a successful social marketing
- The Graduate School, USDA carries the course Marketing Public Programs
Academic Degree Programs
- The University of South Florida: College of Health offers a social marketing in public health certificate program
- The George Washington University, School of Public Health and Health Services
has a Public Health Communication and Marketing program
- Tufts University School of Medicine offers a graduate degree program in health communication
Social Marketing Websites
- CDC’s Social Marketing Practice Area Page
- CDC’s Health Literacy Site: Accurate, Accessible and Actionable Health Information for All
- Center for Social Change (AU): The Centre for Social Change Research was established in 2003 with its purpose to develop a research environment that promotes understanding of the drivers of social change and the implications of change for individuals, families, communities and nations.
- Center of Excellence for Public Sector Marketing
- Health Canada – Social Marketing
- Institute for Social Marketing (Collaboration of the University of Sterling and Open
- On Social Marketing and Social Change
- ShowCase – the National Social Marketing Centre’s Case Example Database
- Social marketing downunder (Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific)
- Social Marketing Institute
- Tools of Change: Proven Methods for Promoting Health, Safety and Environmental Citizenship
- The Turning Point Site
(free downloadable resources – booklets, case studies, CDCynergy-Social Marketing Edition, etc)
- Weinreich Communications